In this article , we share experience on our visit to Janapaka Loka - one of karnataka's famous cultural center. This spot is near Ramanagar on the Bangalore - Mysore highway - about 50 kms from Bangalore city.
Highlights of this spot
- Started during 1994 - architecture by Nadoja Sri NageGowda - one of the prominent personalities of Karnataka
- Spread over 15 acre area - includes cultural museums with a wide range of collections from many parts of karnataka, auditorium for cultural programs , Videoscope theatre showing documentaries
- Shilpamala - a wide range of stone carving collections dating 400 years old
- LokaMahal - awesome more than 5000 collection of village culture wears such as Yakshagaana , Daasayya , Goravayya , Pupets , arms , weapons , kitchen ware , marriage items.
- Chitra Kuteera - wide range of photo collections of various cultures of Karnataka
- Loka Sarovara small lake , Children's park
- Dodda mane - village style courtyard big house serving as dormitories for visitors , marriage functions , cultural programs.
|Yakshagaana Idol at the entrance|
|Veeragaase Idol at the entrance|
|Pottery artist demonstrating|
|Big grinding stone|
|Artists performing at open theatre|
|White ducks in the park|
|Kitchen ware inside a village hut|